Saturday 9 August 2014

surviving nose cancer 8 years on

dear readers

My million apologies for failing to update this blog in the past 3 years. Some of you are wondering if I'm still alive? Yes, I can assure you that eight years on, I'm still very much alive by God's grace.

Thank you to those who have chanced upon this blog & written to me. I have promised you that I would be updating this blog soon and I will try my very best to return as soon as I possibly can. 

If you have recently been diagnosed with nose cancer, my heart & prayers are with you. I hope you will find this blog and my two other related blogs helpful as you begin your journey with nose cancer. Do write & I will respond.

Wishing all of you the best of health now & always.

your fellow NPC or nose cancer survivor,
sockkim / shuqin / kim

(you may call me by any of these names)


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Shuqin,
How can I contact you by email?

Anonymous said...

Hai... Im Aiman.. Im half chinese and half muslim.. You are cured from this cancer since 2006 and what are the side effects since that year?

Anonymous said...

You been cured since 2006 ? What are the side effects since that day? Because my mom are diagnose with npc cancer aka nose cancer. Can you tell me the side effects when you are cured from that cancer?

Zarin Rejab said...

Hi just found your blog.
I've been confirm for NPC last month. And waiting for my chemotherapy session date.

Zarin Rejab said...

Hi,
I've been confirm for NPC last month. And waiting for my chemotherapy session date. I'm in stage 1.

shuqin said...

hi Aiman, you can read some of the side effects on this blog. Search for "Cancer & Side Effects". Some of the late side effects that I'm currently facing 8 years on include tightness on the neck/shoulder region, dry mouth, dental decay. I've learned to manage them thru exercise, sipping water regularly & regular visits to dentist.

shuqin said...

hi Zarin, I'm sorry to hear you have been diagnosed with Stage 1 NPC. It's good that you discovered it early as stage 1 NPC is treatable. Hope you have successfully completed your chemo & recovering well. Rest well, eat right, exercise regularly. My best wishes to you.

shuqin said...

hi Duke, you can email me at nosecancer@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hi
I was confirmed NPC level 2 few days ago, now i confuse are going to take chemo and radio or just take herbal?
I afraid that i can't pass through the chemo, btw tqvm

shuqin said...

hi Rusly

I would advise that you follow your Doctor's recommended treatment. I have heard & also know a few cases who underwent herbal treatment for cancer but sad to say, they did not survive to tell us their stories. I will pray for God's wisdom to help you make the right decision. You may email me (my contact is given on this blog) if you have further questions. My prayers are with you, shuqin

Unknown said...

Hi Shuqin,
Praise the Lord,
I've done underwent my treatment (30x RT and 5x CT) end at 13 oct'16 .
If u don't mind may i ask for your email?
Tqvm.

shuqin said...

hi Rusly

I'm happy to hear that you have completed your treatment. It must have been a challenging journey for you the last few months but the worst is over. Coping with life after cancer might be another new challenge & I pray that the Lord will enable you to recover speedily. Psalm 73:26

You may email me at nosecancer@gmail.com.

God bless,
shuqin / kim